Sorry, this position has been filled.
posted on :
Pixel Bakery is looking for a talented camera nerd cough excuse us, cinematographer to join our team. You are obsessed with all the technical ins and outs of your camera, audio, and lighting setups as well as crafting a cohesive, creative story as a video editor. You are a whiz at color correction, creative concepting, and keeping track of multiple projects at once. Movies are permanently ruined for you because you pay more attention to the shot compositions than the plot. At Pixel Bakery, we're on the cutting edge of video editing and motion design, so we expect and would appreciate someone who is highly experimental and always willing to learn new things.
roles + responsibilities
- Work closely with our creative director and project manager to develop, create and produce videos.
- Designs, transports, sets up, and operates production equipment, including camera, audio, and lighting equipment for location or studio productions. May include live events.
- Edit video segments, including color grading and audio editing, to be used in a variety of formats for digital or broadcast production.
- Use post-production editing to tell concise, visually pleasing stories.
- Enhance branding in videos by creating short graphics which can consist of animated logo entrances, lower thirds, and other animations as needed.
- Availability to travel on weekends for production as needed (likely once or twice a quarter).
- This is a full-time position, up to 40 hours per week.
- Must be available to work in-office and on set as needed.
projects you'll be working on from the get-go
- A TV show set to be aired on PBS
- Ongoing social media video projects for a local food company
- Post-production of an educational vlog
- Filming and editing talking head interviews
- Proven work experience as a cinematographer
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (We use DaVinci Resolve, Premiere, After Effects, and Audition)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Proficiency in keying, rotoscoping, and motion tracking
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
A hint from our creative director: Don't self-reject. You may have just what we need with a little more coaching and collaborating with our team of young but experienced folks. If you're a self-starter with tons of potential, you're on the right track.
Vacation: 80 hours paid time off your first year
Sick Leave: 40 hours paid per year
401k: 4% match after your first 90 days
Flex-ish schedule: As long as the majority of your hours take place between 9-5 on Mon-Fri, you should be all set.
Hybrid-ish work environment: The majority of your week will be spent in the office or on set, but if there are some days where that's just not going to happen, that's chill.
Overall, we treat you like a human. But, a human we want to be able to talk to and collaborate with on a consistent basis.
Gym Membership: PB covers half of your gym membership each month. Gotta keep that body as healthy as that brain, ya know? 'Gym' is subjective and can also be anything from yoga classes to your Peloton membership.
Book Club: We'll buy you a book of your choice each month.
Equipment & Gear: We believe in giving our team the space to be creative outside of work. You have access to our studio, computers, camera gear, and equipment whenever and for whatever you'd like.
Sound Good? Sounds Good.